Carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak on the oil heater

Mum called me complaining that there was a unusual stink in her house.

  • More than that, she had been experiencing fever, respiratory complications, plus nausea over the past 2 mornings.

I figured the stink could have been from her dog bringing dead critters to the house. She once brought a dead squirrel that decayed plus stunk up the entire house, and her symptoms could be a bug she picked up from a trip she had taken during fall. In any case, I decided to go see her after work last week. When I got there I instantly noticed that she always had the oil furnace on besides having a fully functional electric heating plan on her premises. She said because of her age, she needed additional warmth from this portable unit. She also had a space furnace for extra comfort. That evening I noticed that I was starting to get the symptoms as well plus mum had gotten worse. I called the ambulance plus the paramedics concluded that both of us were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning easily from a single of our heating plus a/c units. I tied up a visit from the Heating, Ventilation, plus A/C tech who confirmed what the paramedics thought. I proposed a oil furnace/heater tune-up on mum’s ductless Heating, Ventilation, plus A/C while she was in the hospital. All components including the wireless temperature control were functioning optimally. However, mum had not followed the energy saving help recommendations provided by our local heating corp, however now her utility bills were through the roof, and fortunately, the geo heat pump did not get destructiond by the storm the previous evening plus when mum came back both of us were able to reuse at condo with her central heating providing us warmth. Mum was glad she did not need new heating units or a boiler replacement which normally took 3 mornings.

 

Air quality systems