Carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak on the oil heater

All components including the wireless temperature control were functioning optimally

Mum called me complaining that there was a weird smell in her house. More than that, she had been experiencing fever, respiratory complications, & nausea over the past 2 days. I figured the smell could have been from her dog bringing dead creatures to the house. She once brought a dead squirrel that decayed & stunk up the entire house, but her symptoms could be a bug she picked up from a trip she had taken during fall. In any case, I decided to go see her after labor last week. When I got there I instantly noticed that she consistently had the oil furnace on besides having a fully functional electric oil furnace on her premises. She said because of her age, she needed additional warmth from this portable unit. She also had a space furnace for extra comfort. That evening I noticed that I was starting to get the symptoms as well & mum had gotten worse. I called the ambulance & the paramedics concluded that the people I was with and I were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning very from 1 of our heating & a/c units. I busy a visit from the Heating & Air Conditioning tech who confirmed what the paramedics thought. I proposed a oil furnace/heater tune-up on mum’s ductless Heating & Air Conditioning while she was in the hospital. All components including the wireless temperature control were functioning optimally. However, mum had not followed the energy saving help recommendations provided by our local heating corp, now her energy costs were through the roof, fortunately, the geo heat pump did not get disfigured by the storm the previous night & when mum came back the people I was with and I were able to recover at beach house with her central heating providing us warmth. Mum was cheerful she did not need new heating units or a boiler replacement which normally took 3 days.

 

Clickable live link