Carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak on the oil heater

Mum called me complaining that there was a weird aroma in his house. More than that, he had been experiencing fever, respiratory concerns, and nausea over the past more than one days. I figured the aroma could have been from his dog bringing dead animals to the house. She once brought a dead squirrel that decayed and stunk up the entire house, but his symptoms could be a bug he picked up from a trip he had taken during fall. In any case, I decided to go see his after labor last week. When I got there I right away noticed that he always had the oil furnace on besides having a fully functional electric heating method on his premises. She said because of his age, he needed additional warmth from this portable unit. She also had a space furnace for extra comfort. That evening I noticed that I was starting to get the symptoms and well as mum had gotten worse. I called the ambulance and the paramedics concluded that every one of us were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning really from one of our heating and air conditioner units. I busy a visit from the HVAC tech who confirmed what the paramedics thought. I requested a gas furnace/heater tune-up on mum’s ductless HVAC while he was in the hospital. All components including the wireless control device were functioning optimally. However, mum had not followed the energy saving help recommendations gave by our local heating corp… Now his utility bills were through the roof! Fortunately, the geo heat pump did not get disfigured by the storm the previous evening and when mum came back every one of us were able to reclaim at beach house with his central heating providing us warmth. Mum was ecstatic he did not need modern heating units or a boiler replacement which normally took 3 days.

HEPA filter