Carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak on the oil heater

Mum called me complaining that there was a unusual aroma in her house.

More than that, she had been experiencing fever, respiratory complications, in addition to nausea over the past multiple days.

I figured the aroma could have been from her cat bringing dead animals to the house. She once brought a dead squirrel that decayed in addition to stunk up the entire house! Her symptoms could be a bug she picked up from a trip she had taken while in fall. In any case, I decided to go see her after labor last week. When I got there I instantly noticed that she always had the oil heating system on besides having a fully functional electric heating plan on her premises. She said because of her age, she needed additional warmth from this portable unit. She also had a space heating system for extra comfort. That evening I noticed that I was starting to get the symptoms as well in addition to mum had gotten worse. I called the ambulance in addition to the paramedics concluded that the two of us were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning actually from 1 of our heating in addition to a/c units. I tied up a visit from the Heating, Ventilation & A/C tech who confirmed what the paramedics thought. I advocated a gas furnace/heater tune-up on mum’s ductless Heating, Ventilation & A/C while she was in the hospital. All components including the wireless control device were functioning optimally. However, mum had not followed the energy saving help recommendations gave by our local heating corp, and now her utility bills were through the roof! Fortunately, the geo heat pump did not get damaged by the storm the previous evening in addition to when mum came back the two of us were able to reclaim at home with her central heating providing us warmth. Mum was blissful she did not need new heating units or a boiler upgrade which normally took 3 days.

 

 

SEER ratings