One of the groomsmen got stung by a bee.
This past summer, our brother got married. She insisted on an outdoor wedding. She found an old barn that had been converted into a site. The location was definitely wonderful. There were wildflowers, willow trees, a wooden dock and a big lake with a family of ducts. I cautioned our brother that the weather in our local area is actually unpredictable. There was a occasion of rain, high wind, sleet and excessive humidity. I recommended he find a place with indoor accommodations that included central heating and cooling. She was adamant in his choice. While the afternoon of his wedding was perfectly clear and sunny, it was also horribly hot, but by numerous o’clock in the day, the temperature had climbed into the eighties. The two of us got dressed and had our hair, makeup and nails done in an air conditioned hotel room. The two of us rode to the place in an air conditioned limousine. As soon as the people I was with and I stepped outside, the whole wedding gathering started to sweat, and none of us thought to put on sunblock, so the people I was with and I all ended up with sunburns. One of the groomsmen got stung by a bee. While there was some shade inside the barn, there was no relief from the heat and humidity. It would have been actually helpful to have access to a control unit. Instead, the cake melted and most of the guests left early. As soon as we’d fulfilled our obligations, most of the wedding gathering headed to a nearby bar where there was live songs and air conditioning, looking at the pictures from the wedding, the people I was with and I all look irritated.